Creative Easter Egg Activities
Are you looking to spice up your Easter Egg Activities this year? Get in the Easter spirit with one of these five cute and different ideas. From time capsule Easter eggs to glow-in-the-dark egg hunts, we have fun. Doable ways to entertain kids on Easter day
Plastic eggs. Jellybeans. Wicker baskets. You’re preparing for the same ho-hum Easter Egg Activities yet again, aren’t you? Put away the dusty tote of holiday supplies and start brainstorming some Easter Egg Activities ideas that will turn the Easter Bunny into your kids’ favourite holiday icon before they finish their first cream-filled chocolate egg of the season!
Easy Easter Baskets
Skip the preassembled baskets — this cute (and super-easy!) craft adds a personal touch to your children’s Easter baskets.
- One large, round margarine container (empty)
- Construction paper (at least two colors)
- Easter grass
- Jelly beans, chocolate eggs, or other Easter candy
- Cut a piece of construction paper into a rectangle that will be long enough to wrap around the outside of the margarine tub (approximately 4″ x 10″).
- Fold the rectangle in half (widthwise) in order to “weave” your basket.
- Draw a line (lengthwise) an inch from the top of the open edge of the paper (opposite the folded edge). This is your “stop cutting” line.
- Measure and mark lines an inch apart starting at the folded edge and ending at the “stop cutting” line.
- Cut along the lines you just drew, up to the “stop cutting” line. Then unfold the rectangle.
- Cut 10 four-inch strips of different colored construction paper (1/2″ x 4″).
- Weave the strips (from top to bottom) in and out of the cuts you made in the rectangle. To hold each strip in place, add a drop of glue at the top and bottom of each woven strip.
- Wrap the woven rectangle around the outside of the margarine tub, and glue it in place.
- Cut another strip of paper approximately 8 inches long (1-inch wide) for the basket’s handle. Glue the handle over top of margarine tub.
- Your child can decorate her basket with artificial or construction paper flowers. Fill it with Easter grass, candies, and jelly beans.
Place the basket on your dinner table where everyone will be able to see it!
Easter Egg Holder
Your family has decorated their Easter eggs, but how can you show them off? These egg holders make perfect little displays for your colorful masterpieces.
- Empty paper towel roll
- Construction paper
- Glitter or stickers for decorating
- Cut the paper towel roll into 2-inch sections.
- Cut strips of construction paper 2 inches wide and long enough to wrap around the paper towel roll.
- Glue the construction paper strips to the pieces of paper towel roll, and decorate with glitter or stickers.
Egg Carton Ducklings
Don’t throw those empty egg cartons away — hatch your own family of these adorable egg carton ducklings instead!
- A two-cup section from an egg carton (with the sections still attached)
- Construction paper
- Feathers, beads, or other decorations
- Bend the egg carton cups towards each other, rim to rim (making an oval shape).
- Glue the cups together to form the duck’s body.
- Cut out a bill and feet from the construction paper.
- Glue the feet and bill to the duckling’s body.
- Add feathers, beads for eyes, or other decorations to your ducklings!
Easter Egg Maracas
Rock out with your toddler with these fun Easter egg maracas.
- Small plastic Easter eggs
- Pennies, dried beans, small rocks, popcorn kernels, beads, buttons, and so on
- Glue gun
- Empty egg carton
- Gather a variety of items to fill the plastic Easter eggs. Try pennies, dried beans, small rocks, popcorn kernels, beads, buttons — anything that will make a nice rattling noise.
- Fill each egg with a different substance and securely glue the two pieces of the egg together.
- Store in an egg carton. Toddlers will enjoy taking the eggs in and out of the carton and shaking them to hear the different sounds they make.
For an older child, fill two eggs with each substance. Have him shake the eggs and match up the pairs by listening to the sounds they make.
READ MORE ON EASTER
Wish you all a very happy Easter, enjoy this Easter with your friends and family.